Friday, May 7, 2010

Fearless Fridays

Photobucket

One of the things I always fault myself for is being fearful. I worry too much about things I can't change and even more about the possibilities of trying to change things within my power and coming up short.

I know not everyone is like me (not even close, I hope!) but everyone has something they are a bit apprehensive about. At the beginning of each week I'm going to make up my mind to be fearless about something. I'd love for you to join me and leave me a comment (on Friday) about your fearless act of the week!

I'm cheating a little bit this week, I'm going waaaaay back like months and months ago since this is the first one. My fearless act:

cutting luxury things out and not working so that I could stay home with my precious son. I have to justify this to so many people and when people know I went to UVA and am now a stay-at-home mom they seem to think I wasted my time but I would not trade this decision for the world. My son is just the most perfect thing in the world and I will always do whatever it takes to ensure that everything that happens to him is in his best interest.

Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. Ok, I may sound crazy here, but I think we live very close to each other! I am following you from cloth diaper blogs, but I saw your profile picture, and I actually JUST saw that pic on a facebook photography webpage! (Oldfields) Am I crazy, or did this just match up ironically??

    BTW, I love fearless friday...great idea.
    Rachel
    http://reapingwhatisow.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rachel!
    Yes we live in the same place! That is crazy! I have to admit, you do a much better job capturing our beautiful town than I ever could! :)
    Thanks so much for following. I enjoy reading your posts. You have such a beautiful family and are an excellent writer.

    Have a good day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought we are from the same place! Thats so ironic!

    Thank you! You have a beautiful family, too! I LOVED the pictures on the Oldfields' facebook page, you have the most adorable babe ever!!

    I cant wait to read more. =)
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete

"Tweet" this!