Sunday, May 2, 2010

May 1, 2010

Today was a long but overall good day!

A few times this week, we noticed Warner's (husband) car making a weird noise when he reversed, so he woke up early this morning to take it to Meineke. We bought this brand new Honda Civic in June 2007 but it seems like it has more problems than my 2001 Saab 9-3.

The baby grunted all night (gas? teething? just a grunter?) so I didn't go to sleep until 5:00 AM this morning. V woke up around 6:30AM and of course when Warner left around 7:30 AM, it was right after V had fallen asleep...without grunting. I got him back to sleep and we woke up for good around 10:00 AM. Despite the restless night, V was in a great mood and I got things done! I've set up a cleaning schedule for my house so that I can get it back to the way it was before V became mobil and my chores for today were:
-wash sheets, V's clothes, diapers and towels
-clean bathrooms
-sweep downstairs and clean kitchen (these 2 are every day tasks)

I tried out the playmat and it worked well... for about 10 minutes. V will not sit in his exersaucer anymore (I don't think he likes being confined) so I took the top off and placed it on the mats. Here he is:

Even though he got up late, V still took a nap from 12PM - 2PM without me even prompting it (yay!!!!!). When he woke up, I washed him up and we went to the wedding that I didn't know would be outdoors. Photobucket That was not such a good experience, V was sweating so badly and his cheeks were bright red. He held on during the entire ceremony, but afterwards during the cocktail hour (outside as well), he started screaming and crying and could not relax. After trying the normal things that soothe him (singing, walking, holding him close) I figured he was just too hot so we sat in the car with the air on for a bit and then I held some ice for him to suck on. Other than that, the wedding was nice and V did a great job. He fell asleep on the way home which was pretty close to bed time so he took a bath at 8:45 PM instead of 8:00 PM. I don't know if he was just tired from last night or is finally getting the hang of the schedule, but he went right to sleep after his BBB (bath, book, boob)! I gave him some Mylicon after nursing him to see if it will help with his night grunting.

Tomorrow I will begin my cloth diapering posts and let you know if Mylicon solved the grunting problem!

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Tweet" this!